Thursday, August 12, 2010

Beginnings ... with Kiyoshi

I drove to PA yesterday to pick up my new foster dog from Second Time Around Rescue. I'm so glad this Japanese Chin was vetted and ready to go because I like him. I like him a lot.
When I first got into the car to take Gizzy home, I had this sudden feeling of ~ this is the dog I'm keeping!
Caught me off guard a little, but ... the feeling passed.

Anyway, so far so good with this little guy. When I saw this picture on petfinder I described him as so-ugly-he's-cute, but now I don't think he's so ugly at all. His fur is so soft, long, and lovely. (I went out and bought a brush and comb for him.) Sure, he still has that 'mashed' face that I always find to be ugly/cute, but he really is a nice doggie.
He's very quiet, which I really like. And he doesn't seem so needy like the previous two I fostered, which is also a nice sort of break from that constant 'giving' of affection. I read that Japanese Chins are the most cat-like dogs, so I guess maybe that's where some of his independence comes from.
Last night he had dinner and we went for a nice walk. He walks on a leash like a dream.
I decided the name Gizzy was too ghetto for this fluffy beaut, so I've renamed him Kiyoshi, which means 'the quiet one'.

1 comment:

  1. I never in my life thought I'd have a smooshed face dog....that's all changed now.

    ReplyDelete